Saturday, January 16, 2016

All For Good

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28 NKJV

What is it you're going through?  What trials or tribulations have your attention?  If your like me, you're all too well aware that life can toss some pretty nasty curveballs from time to time.  Scripture tells us that it's during these times of trial that our faith and patience is strengthened.

My bretheren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.  But let patience have it's perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.
James 1: 2-4 NKJV

It took me a LONG time, with the help of a few Godly men, for me to come to the realization that whatever God allows into our lives, he does for good and not wickedness.  For it is a loving and not a wicked God who loved us enough to send His Son to bear that burden of OUR wickedness.  Make no mistake, for without Gods loving grace and the selfless sacrafice of Jesus, that punishment for our sins would be upon OUR shoulders.  I can't speak for anyone else, but I'll take that tradeoff any day!  It is not just for my own self preservation that I accept the gift of the man who gave his life for me so long ago.  No, I accept Jesus because HE first loved me!
It's a hard pill to swallow when we accept the fact that, as Romans 8:28 tells us, all things work together for good for those who love God.  In my time, I've seen my share of the evils of this world.  Each day we're bombarded by the very sin of mankind around the world.  The seperation we MUST make is that God allows these events, yet he is not the underlying cause.  For God and sin do not mix well together.  So, I'll ask the question that so many others have asked over the years.  How could a loving God allow such wickedness in the world?  My short, honest answer, is Romans 8:28.  As difficult as it is for those who know me to understand, I AM NOT GOD.  I know that may come as a shock to more than a few people.

Young Recon Marine~"Don't Let him die Gunny!"
"Gunny Highway" Clint Eastwood~ "...That's not up to me"
~Heartbreak Ridge~

One thing I am pretty certain of, is that God is going to do whatever it is that his perfect will dictates.  Is it for me to question the motives of He who created the universe?  I think not.  However, I am also certain that whatever it is that God chooses to allow into my life, he does so with his love and perfect motives.

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.  Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.
Jeremiah 29: 11-12 NKJV

Two things we can learn here.  First, we WILL have trials in our lives, and it is during these tribulations that we can be confident that our loving God, who loved us first, has only our best interests at heart.

~Scott~

No comments: