Monday, January 25, 2016

Hope Eternal

Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of  them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you.  He will not leave you nor forsake you.
Deuteronomy 31:6 NKJV

There are times when hope can be a pretty hard thing to come by.  At times you'd think that hope was trading on the New York Stock Exchange for $100,000 a share!  This is how hard hope is to come by at times.  Why do we need hope anyway?  Can't we just take life as it comes?  Well, Solomon didn't think so.

Hope defered makes the heart sick, But when the desire comes, it is a tree of life.
Proverbs 13:12 NKJV

I can honestly say,  that when I've received something I had been hoping for, my heart rejoiced!  Think back to those Christmas mornings as a child, when all you could think about was if you'd find that certain gift you had told Santa you wanted under the family Christmas tree.  Think  back to that job promotion that you had put in for, and how you hoped that you would get it.  Yes, hope carrys alot of weight among Gods children.
In Deuteronomy 31:6, we see Moses giving us a good lesson on hope.  Indeed, one for the ages!  No matter what valley it is we are going through, we are guaranteed of one thing, God will lead us through.  That doesn't say that we won't see and feel the effects of that journey through the valley, we will indeed.  However, what a comfort it is to know that our Heavenly Father is with us each step of the way.  Is it just our current situation that God is protecting us from?  No, for as the scripture says, "He will not leave you nor forsake you."  I believe that we will NEVER see those things that God saved us from until that very day we hear him say "Well done, good and faithful servant."  We may have an idea, but there are so many things in our lifes path that God has cleared away that we are not yet aware of.  We may wonder why God allows some things and not others, but one ting we can be assured of, is that our Lord does nothing out of spite for those he loves.
Lately,  I've been filled with many questions with the passing of my mother.  Why did God take her from us?  Why didn't he heal her?  I don't claim to know the answers to these questions, but I know in my heart that my mother is safe in the arms of our loving Father.  That is all I need to know to be comforted.  For in her home now there are no tears, no pain and certainly no sorrow.  No, I don't claim to know the answers, but I feel THIS is why God called my mother home.  I stand on my faith, that she is safe, and I will see her again as we share Gods heavenly glory!  So, what good is hope?

For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one hope for what he still sees?  But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance.
Romans 8: 24-25 NKJV

~Scott~

No comments: