Friday, January 29, 2016

The Acusser Of The Brethren

Guilty as charged I've been convicted and tried.
Was it too much to ask for you to take my side?
Cause' there's nothing here to defend.
when it's always me that you blame in the end.
"Brand New Low"
Trebel Charger

We've all had bad days, I've had my share lately.  Does our Lord love us enough to send his Son to redeem us only to point a accusatory finger when we do wrong?  No, for as Darth Vader once observed, "There is another."  Who is this accuser who so vehemently attacks the children of God?  We need only to go to scripture for this answer.

How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer,  son of the morning!  How you are cut down to the ground, you who weakened the nations!  For you have said in your heart: 'I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will sit on the mount of the congregation.  On the farthest sides of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High.
Isaiah 14: 12-14 NKJV

Understand, fellow christians, that it isn't your Lord Jesus who points that finger of blame against you.  No, for satan has lied from the begining, and he continues to lie to Gods children today!  It wasn't Jesus who, in the garden, persuaded Adam and Eve into disobedience from God.  How often I've felt the accusations of the evil one.  "You're ugly, you're not good enough, nobody likes you, God has abandoned you!"  How can a God who loved us so much to send his one and only Son to die for us turn and level such vile lies towards his children?  No, it is not  in Gods nature to attack his children in such a way!  Yet, when some believers are attacked by such feelings, they immediately think that they need to "Appease" God in some way.  There couldn't be anything farther from the truth.  For he who has lied from the begining continues to do so today!

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.  Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.
1 Peter 5: 8-9 NKJV

If there is one thing we are told to do when confronted by satan it is to resist him.  When tempted, Jesus resisted all the accusers temptations.  I can take pride in the fact that the very same beast who tempted my precious Lord and savior also spends his time tempting me.  Whenever we are confronted by satans accusations, we should  be asking ourselves, "Why is satan even worried about me?"  Take a good look at the book Revelation sometime and you will see the ultimate ending that lies ahead for the accuser of the brethren.

The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are.  And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
Revelation 20:10 NKJV

AHA!  This very same enemy of the brethren who tempted Jesus and continues to accuse Gods children even today has a special place reserved for him!  For God has already sealed the fate of he who accuses you, and it is VERY different from our future with God.  For satan will never hear his creator say to him "Well done, good and faithful servant!"  We can be at peace in the knowledge that God not only loved us enough to send his son to redeem us, but that he has set aside for us a eternal home in his glory.


"In my fathers house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you.  I go to prepare a place for you.   And if I go to  prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
John 14: 2-3 NKJV

My dear friend Chuck reminds me every now and then of some sound advice when we're confronted by satans accusations.   "When satan reminds you of your past, remind him of his future!"  AMEN BROTHER!

~Scott~




No comments: