Friday, January 22, 2016

With Each Step We Take


For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to seperate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8: 38-39 NKJV

We've all had that feeling at one time or another.  That feeling that we are ultimately alone, with nobody there to help us.  Usually, these feelings come in step with a situation where we feel isolated.  With the recent passing of my mother, I've certainly wallked down that path more than a few times.  I've wondered where my Lord was, why he was causing me such pain in my heart.  However, as Romans 8:38 tells  us, there is nothing that will EVER seperate Gods children from his endless love!  For Gods love is never earned on our part, but has always been there for us to receive.  As his children, we can rest assured that we are in his love each and every moment.  My mom was fond of telling me in my times of pain, that God is as close as our next breath, and I believe this with all of my heart.

Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?  For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's.
1 Corinthians 6: 19-20 NKJV

It is in 1 Corinthians 6:19 that we see that my mom wasn't too far off when describing just how close our Lord Jesus is to us at each waking moment.  Our Lord shows his love for each of us not only in sending his son to redeem us, but in the fact that our "old" self was purchased at a very high price by our loving Father.  That price was the shed blood of his son.  How much is that worth to you?   As the apostle Paul tells us, as God has purchased us unto himself, we ought to glorify him for loving us enough that he would know we were worth saving!
How heavy does your heart weigh on you?  Having walked that "mile in your shoes," I can relate to alot of what so many of us are going through.  Despite our emotional condition, we can be assured that Jesus is as close as our next breath, to comfort and not condemn.

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the spirit.
Romans 8:1 NKJV

There are a few things I've learned from experience.  There WILL be pain in each of our lives.  Not only that, but during those times we may feel the tug of guilt brought forth by satan as well.  It is these thoughts of guilt, shame and condemnation that are the prefered weapons of our enemy!  When we feel this way, it is NEVER from our Lord God.  For God will only bring forth love and compassion for the children he loves so dearly.  Side by side with our Lord with each step we take.

~Scott~

No comments: